Saturday, February 8, 2014

Advocating for Orphans


I want to introduce a precious little boy to you. His English name is Gabe and his Chinese name is Gui Gui. This adorable little boy is completely blind because he had cancer of the eye. He is in a special program, which is called Bethel, for blind children and is very capable of preforming daily activities on his own. This organization has a blog and a facebook page that they update regularly. They do a wonderful job taking pictures and videos of their children.  


The website has many pictures of their blind children doing everyday activities such as swimming, running and riding bikes. It is almost unbelievable what some of these kids are cable of, especially for me because my little brother is blind but he is also mentally handicapped. Sadly, my brother is not cable of any of those activities, but I am amazed at what these kids can do.
 
Pictures of Gabe can be found on Bethel’s blog, facebook page, Reece’s Rainbow, and on No Hands but Ours. Personally, I love the picture of him on No Hands But Ours in a big fluffy robe on Pajama Day.



image
Gabe on pajama day
On Reece's Rainbow they allow you to choose a child to advocate for. I sent an e-mail last week and I am officially his advocate on Reece's Rainbow.

No comments:

Post a Comment