Sunday, November 2, 2014

Sunday 2-11-14

Recaping for last month... I am sorry I have posted in awhile. I have been away the pact couple of Sundays. This month I have started ministry, which has been going great. I have gone for three times and got to spend the night twice. We started host homes and have gone once. We will go a second time this month. The family I stayed with is known for serving his kids fish. There were all making jokes because I told them I did not eat fish. Lets just say that it was the best chicken i have ever had. He made fried and grilled. They were both delicious. I cannot believe I have deprived myself of something for so long just because I did not like the smell. He hosted a party at a lake and we were invited (us students) and the church. He fed us lunch and i was given the choice of chicken or fish. Everyone chose fish. They had all heard from me how good it was and they liked it too. Even the other students who did not usually eat fish.

We spent a week in the mountains. It was a much needed break for us and for our leaders. They banned homework and we had no wifi so it was each other, our Bibles or our pillow. It was great. We were near a beautiful stream/river which was a soothing sound to wake up to every morning. We spent hours reading our Bibles. It was an awesome weekend. God knew we needed it.

When we got back, we hit some hard patches. I have seen or heard about 7/12 students crying this past week. I also know four of the adults around here had a hard week too. We know satan is just trying to bring us down after an amazing weekend with God. My apartment pulled together for each other. They are awesome. When someone starts crying we gather together and start praying. I am so blessed. This past week was the second time I have dealt with being home sick. I was journaling and listening to K-love when i just started crying. I had been think about how much fun i had had with Sophia and Tuari last halloween that morning. I went back to my apartment and girls all gave me hugs and got me laughing about something. I cannot say it to many times. God has blessed me with awesome apartment mates. Also my small group really affirmed one another this week and a lot of,what we talked about hit home. We wrote each other encouraging notes and then our small group leader gave us a card with an encouraging note too. Their notes to me almost made me cry. I read them over and over again as I was struggling this week. They helped me get through. I love Wednesdays because of small groups.

Also this past week we had an exam and a oral test. Hard stuff. Amongst all the stress from homesickness, short tempers, studying and worrying about failing tests, we kept our eyes on God and the trip on saturday that we were invited to. It was prefect for us. I feel so much better. We spent our day swimming, playing games and talking with each other. It was great to hang out with some of the missionaries that we only see in church or at our ministry.

1 comment:

  1. just want you to know I am reading your posts. we missed you so much on Halloween, carving pumpkins, going to Springside farms, raking leaves and jumping in them - all of our family fall traditions just seem like something is missing and it is - you. I love you. As much as I miss you I am so thrilled to see what God is doing in your life. Mom

    ReplyDelete