Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving 27-11-14

Happy thanksgiving. I want to thank all of you for all your support while I have been gone. I appreciate all your prayers and staying in contact with me. It has been three months (one of the students told me 93 days). Time has flown. I want it back. But the time has been good. I try each day to live in the moment and with no regrets. I have had many great adventures while here, made lots of good memories, created inside jokes, and left my GAP with some good stories to tell when they go home... I have grown a lot, learned a lot, and fallen in love with the people here. I am so thankful God  brought me here.

I had a great Thanksgiving with my GAP family and SCORE missionaries. It was Thanksgiving! It was great. The food was great. After our dinner, some of the students had their small group and then one of our leaders had a meeting to give us some fundraising tips. As of right now i still need a little over $2,000, but my church has put the sunday school offering towards me this month so I do not know where that leaves me yet. But I am praying. God is so much bigger than 2,000 dollars.

This past month I was able to spend a weekend at the ministry God called me to. It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed spending time with the lady who is encharge of us students when we are there, Adrienne. This past weekend we took a trip to the mountains to help a missionary family who just moved there. While we were there we put on a kids program and we did it all in spanish! It was hard, we triped on our words but with God's help the program was a success.

I love Emanuel House and I am so thankful that God called me there. The girls who serve with me are great. Our leaders are awesome. And the kids are... I do not know how to put but they have stolen my heart. I love talking to the short term mission groups about them and sharing with them about sponsorship. I have seen God move many individuals' hearts to want to sponsor kids that they have intertacted with while serving. It so exciting. Adrienne, Jaime, and I are thrilled.
This just one of the many ways I have seen God at work this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment