Friday, November 7, 2014

Friday 7-11-14

Last night I had a conversation with a high school student, who is here on a short term mission trip, about how he wishes they had taken the trip the first year of spanish so he would have been motivated to learn spanish for the rest of the high school years. I was thinking about that this morning and about Colossians 3:23. For me, Colossians 3:23 has come up several times this week so I know God is trying to get my attention.  Several of us students have said I wish I would have known that God was going to call me to a spanish speaking country or I wish I would have known I was actually going to use this one day. That is where Colossians 3:23 come in. We need to do everything as though it is for God (because for us Christians it is) not for people. We need to do our best in school not for our teachers or parents but for God because it might help you with what/where He calls you. - this is what God has been teaching me this week

Yesterday i bullot noted some things that God has been teaching me while I have been here. I was quite amazed not only by how many things but also how many times each of those things have come up. For example
- thursday 30-10-14 (start) Colossians 3 ( reading through Colossians at Carter's repeated suggestion to our Bible class, Jaime at huddle, Pastor Nate's sermon on Sunday, Adrienne's prayer before we started our day on ministry day. ) 
This is what my notes about what God has been teaching me looks like. God has been using all the adults in my life to teach me things and it was humbling to see that written all out in front of me. God is good.

One of the first things God started teaching me here was that He was going to redeem my weaknesses. You would not believe how many times 2 Corintians 12:9 has come up! It comes up at least weekly for me still. I know I have not journaled every time it has come up but I know the first time was when JAime shared it at huddle and the last time was this pasat week when she gave us each a little poster with a verse on it and mine was 2 Corithians 12:9. Lets just say I have the verse memorized now. God is so amazing. I love to see Him at work. 

1 comment:

  1. What wonderful insights God has given to you through His word. Thanks for reminding me through this post of those two verses that keep us dependent upon Jesus for all that He has called us to be and to do in His kingdom!

    ReplyDelete