Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Tuesday 23-9-14

I cannot believe one month of being here quickly is approaching. Just three more days. It is going by way to fast. Life here is amazing. The people here are awesome. My spiritual life here is great. I cannot ever have enough time with God but here i am getting close to having a satisfying amount every day. I love being with Christians who are in the same place spiritually as me. I love when others share what God has been teaching them in their quiet time, but i love our tuesday prayer groups even more. We pray constantly here. It is awesome.

I spent all my free time in the afternoon doing my homework. It paid off. I had all my homework done long before anyone else so i had no idea what to do for the rest of the evening. There is a marriage conference going on here for some missionaries, who are from all over central and south america. A few of them of them have children with them so while the parent were in the conference the kids were being babysat by some older missionary kids. Two of them live here at score. Their names are Julieta and Lucia. Julieta is fifteen and called me by name the second time i saw her even though the first was in a group where a bunch of people introduced themselves at once. I was very impressed. I am surprised how quickly people here pick up my name and remember it. But back to the missionary kids. I am not sure how old Lucia is but she is younger than Julieta. Since all my homework was done i went over and joined them playing with the kids. We played four square for awhile, which was a lot of fun. Then we colored. I joined Lucia and another girl who were drawing with chalk. I was drawing a flower when the girls both got up and ran to chase the four square ball or something. Then the intern walked up and asked if i was having fun sitting there drawing all by myself. Ummm. So yeah, i had a great evening and am so glad i was able to have all my homework done so early. This is just small piece to my wonderful day. When i journal at night, I can look back over my day and see so many God given blessings. God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment