Sunday, March 24, 2013

Sponsor Sunday

I sponsor three children through Compassion International which has changed my life. Through Compassion I can see poverty first hand and I can help the least of these as God has called me to do. With the help of Compassion; I can change the life of one child, I can gain a friend, a pen-pal. Compassion has a special program called correspondence where you can just write to a child and someone else pays for the sponsorship. A couple of weeks ago I lost my best writer who was a correspondence child. His mother pulled him out of the program so there is still hope that he could come back. I love the little boy so much. The last letter I received was the  first one he had written himself and he wrote a second page. That is good for a seven year old.


This month Compassion set-up a website for sponsor to find one child a sponsor. You can view my page here. I feel a strong responsibility to find this precious boy a sponsor. You can also see how I started sponsoring through Compassion International.

 

Isaiah 58:7

Is it not to share your food with the hungry

and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter—
when you see the naked, to clothe them,
and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?
8Then your light will break forth like the dawn,
and your healing will quickly appear;
then your righteousness
Or  your righteous One
will go before you,
and the glory of the Lord will be your rear guard.


No comments:

Post a Comment